Did you know that Austin Meat Company is the largest distributor of American Kobe Beef on the East Coast?
Join the Facebook Kobe Wagyu Meats Group!
Welcome to Cattle Country
Austin Meat has partnered up with Great Northern Cattle Company to bring Grass Fed Natural Angus Beef to our customers. Derek F. Kampfe's, the Owner of Great Northern Cattle Company, family has been raising beef in Montana since 1901. This grass fed natural angus beef, the cattle, after weaning, only eat grass, or grass-hay in the winter months, plus a mineral supplement to make up for the vitamin and mineral deficiencies in the grass. The mineral supplement has been custom designed after a lab analyzed the mineral and vitamin makeup of the grasses. It is designed to ensure proper, balanced nutrition for the cattle.
The Angus Cattle are raised exclusively on unconfined pastures.
- These cattle are not feed any grains, corn, animal by-products, bakery by-products, potatoes or sugar beets – just 100% grass and hay.
- The cattle are never given any growth hormones or antibiotics at any point in their lives.
- The cattle are all Angus to make certain you’ll find tenderness every time.
- I use humane handling techniques to put as little stress on the cattle as possible.
- Grass Fed beef is lower in total & saturated fat.
- Grass Fed beef is higher in beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium & potassium. It is higher in vitamins A, B, E & riboflavin.
- Grass Fed beef is higher in total Omega-3’s and CLA. It has a healthier ration of Omega-3’s to Omega-6’s.